I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

7 Oct 2013

Parenting: Building A Life Without Depression - Part 1

I want to share a little about myself, what I do and most importantly, what I want to achieve. In addition, I want to share a little about reading. I wrote a book called Through the Crimson Mirror, the aim of which is to educate people, especially young people and parents. More than that though, I want to change people’s perspectives about some of the nastier things in our society today. We have a very closed off culture and tend to sweep things under the rug. We have to ask ourselves if this is working though, as we are seeing more and more people in our society with serious problems.

I suffer from depression, and it’s becoming almost common today, which poses a bigger and bigger problem. I believe most cases of depression, and other similar mental illnesses, are preventable with a few tweaks to our lifestyles. This however will take change from each of us.

In the past few years, we’ve seen a rise in literature about depression and related mental illnesses. Science and medicine has gifted humanity with many papers explaining what it is, what the symptoms are, why it happens etc. Yet, despite this, depression continues to rise, and at an alarming rate I might add.

There are many causes for this. I originally wrote this as a talk that I did for university students. Thus, the example I used was around employment. Every year, thousands of young people graduate school or tertiary education and start looking for a job, if they haven’t already done so. Jobs however, are becoming scares. In addition, we have a population that is growing and technology is taking over some of the remaining jobs. The net result is it’s becoming tougher and tougher to find employment. Add to this, all the advertising that marketers force onto people each day, telling us who to be, how to act, what jeans are cool today, and we’ve created an environment where it’s very easy to become anxious and depressed. This is reflected in the number of people who are seeking professional help from mental health practitioners and others. If you want a good business to get into, look at the mental health field; their businesses are booming.

Parenting: Building A Life Without Depression - Part 2
Parenting: Building A Life Without Depression - Part 3
Parenting: Building A Life Without Depression - Part 4
Parenting: Building A Life Without Depression - Part 5
Parenting: Building A Life Without Depression - Part 6
Parenting: Building A Life Without Depression - Part 7


If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment