I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

16 Oct 2013

Is Image Beneficial To Humanity - Part 3

Is Image Beneficial To Humanity When you get office equipment like this, you are Rockefeller. You are flying high. You have made it. We walked around as if we were millionaires for a few days; the best company in the world. Then, the end of the month arrived and along with it, our bill. Ching, ching, ching, ching, we went through it. Charges for this, charges for that, and suddenly that high that we felt when we received our new equipment, flew out the window. The boss phoned the salesperson and asked about the charges on the bill, and told him that he felt a bit mislead by the sales pitch. Of course, the salesperson had something to say about everything: blah, blah, blah, blah, and we were stuck with a very expensive printer on a fixed contract for an office that needed to print a few wads of pages a month. Who hasn’t had a similar experience to that…

Not only do sales people use image to sell us things, they also want to sell us an image. Let me give you an example. I don’t have a fancy car. I don’t spend much money on it. I used to have a set of plain 14” rims: nothing that was going to land my car a role in a movie. They were getting old and one of them had a hairline crack. My tires were also starting to go a bit bald, so I decided to get one of those rim and tire combos. In addition, I wanted to get a set of 13” rims as opposed to 14” because of the price difference.

I phoned some tire places and asked if they had combos available. Usual story: they ask what size, blah, blah, blah, and I’d say 13”. Every one of them told me basically the same thing: “13” costs this much, but 14” is only thiiiiis much more. Why don’t you rather get those?” How many of us rather opt for one size bigger? Why do we do this: for the image… It would have cost me an extra R800 for one extra inch of metal, which in all honesty, not many people even notice. Not many people have even noticed that I have new rims. How many of us go for it in our society today though, because the sales person sells the image to us?

Is Image Beneficial To Humanity - Part 1
Is Image Beneficial To Humanity - Part 2
Is Image Beneficial To Humanity - Part 4
Is Image Beneficial To Humanity - Part 5
Is Image Beneficial To Humanity - Part 6

If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment