I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

13 Sep 2013

Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 6

I believe Henry Ford was right when he said that machines are tools that should lessen the burden of manual work, and that human beings should expend the least amount of energy when completing a task. We however, use technology for far more than just that. More and more, it is becoming our primary source of communication and entertainment.

As much as we may know all of this, new technologies are born every day. The message here is, think carefully about the future you want to create and pass on, because we are all creating the future right now by buying in. We buy all the products that are marketed to us. As soon as we get the iPad 3, we pre-order the iPad 4. When does it stop…?

When we look into our minds, most of us have some kind of a vision of the future. So what do you see? Is it you, or your kids, or your grandkids? Are they fat and lazy, lying down on a reclining chair, ordering another pizza on their cell phones, play-station 42 besides them, flat screen 162 inch LCDDZ 3D TV in front of them, keyboard on their laps, typing away to their sweetheart, who lives miles away, because that’s how relationships are now: on the internet. I can’t imagine a world where you go to tuck your kids into bed, and whip out your kindle. I think that’s just awful! That’s becoming a bigger and bigger reality everyday though, because we are buying in. Bookstores are closing all over the world, because fewer and fewer people support them. Publishers have stopped printing fairytale books, so if you see one in a bookstore, grab it! They are like hens teeth. I had a huge A4 fairytale book when I was growing up. What a fool I was for not valuing it and eventually giving it away. My heart literally burns when I think of it…

I see a world where happiness and emotional wellbeing are more important than money and technology, where time is more important than convenience and people are more important than brand and image.
Please note: this article only scratches the surface. It doesn’t deal with some of our core human issues. I’ll write that up one day.

Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 1
Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 2
Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 3
Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 4
Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 5

If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment