I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

9 Sep 2013

Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 2

Getting back to the Free-State government, you think about that R140mil. They could have hired just under four-hundred people at a salary of R10000 per month for the next three years. Are you going to tell me that those 400 extra people wouldn’t be able to do a better job than a computer...? Now some might argue that the technology will pay for itself, because in three-years, you won’t have to pay for it anymore. Technology is constantly being upgraded, so in three-years, you are going to have to do it all over again.

Obviously, this doesn’t apply to every system out there. Some technologies work well. Some fill a genuine need and do the minimum, efficiently. However, this doesn’t explain the ridiculous abundance of devices and machines that have infiltrated our society. This begs the question, why do we buy into all this. I’ve heard countless people say, “Technology is the future.” Really! Really! I don’t buy into that. I believe people are the future. When we stop believing that, there is no future. Again though, it begs the question, why do we buy into all this… We buy in because it’s marketed to us. This is probably the worst thing that technology has brought to the world: mass communication and mass media, and with it marketing, advertising and propaganda.

Why I Don't Like Technology - Part 1
Why I Don't Like Technology - Part 3
Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 4
Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 5
Why I Don’t Like Technology - Part 6

If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment