I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

31 May 2013

Indie author blog tour, guest post: The Knights of Galaria by O.S. Gill

The Knights of Galaria Title: The Knights Of Galaria: The Crystals Of Power
Author: O.S. Gill
Format: Paperback, ebook
Length: 310 pages
Publisher: CreateSpace

For Kaz Silverwynd, graduation from the Galarian Knight Academy begins normally, but an the attempt on the life of Xul Xandu, the newly-appointed head of the Confederation of Nations, pushes Kaz and his team into an epic and dangerous adventure. The action ranges from the floating city of Civitas to the underwater empire of Aequoria to the moon colony of Ourea. Kaz leads his band of knights on a perilous journey to stop a madman from achieving his ultimate goal – the conquest of the world of Galaria. Added to the already volatile mix are the legendary Crystals of Power, a collection of beautiful but deadly jewels that could tip the scales of power toward good or evil.
---------------------------------------------
The Story Behind Sci-fi Fantasy 'The Knights of Galaria' by O.S. Gill
I always wanted to be a writer. I always had these great ideas, (or at least so I thought) that would make fantastic stories. But this is all was a lot easier said than done. For one, where would I get the time? Between work and caring for my daughter, there was very little time to write a novel.

Then the summer of 2010 came, and I attended AnimeKon, a local pop culture convention. There I was treated to a whole array of talent being showcased, from artwork to costumes to animation projects. A lot of them were from people that I knew who somehow found the time during their busy schedules to create these wonderful works of art. That’s when I knew I had been wasting my time just dreaming of writing, that the time had long passed to start.

Then came the hard part, actually starting; I knew basically, from a high level perspective what my novel was going to be about, a group of teens on this grand adventure, but I had not yet determined the how or where.

Starting in February 2011 I wrote. Not starting the novel yet, I wrote notes about everything that was going to be in the novel. Who were the central characters, what kind of world they lived in, what kind of people/species lived there. What kind of technology they had. Sometimes simple things, like thinking up a character’s name or the description of a place would take hours, sometimes days. To me these notes were harder to write than the actual novel itself, because by the time I started the book, I already knew the layout of each chapter, and all that was left was to fill in the blanks. Over the next eight months I wrote and wrote, and by October, 2011 my novel was finally finished.

When it was all over, and I had all three hundred and twelve pages of story lying on my desk, then there was another problem. How would I sell it? I must admit, I was very tempted to go the traditional route of publishing. I even contacted some agents in hopes of securing a publishing deal. But in the end, I decided to self-publish, if for no other reason than I would like to succeed or fail on my own merit.

At the end of the day when I look back at this project, it is all me from end to end, and I would have it no other way.

About The Author O.S. GillO.S. Gill grew up on the Caribbean island of Barbados. He was educated at The Lodge School, a 300-year-old former British boarding school and the second oldest learning institution on the island. A certified information technology professional, he has worked for The Banks Holdings Limited, a local conglomerate that owns the local brewery (Banks Beer) and Coca-Cola manufacturing plant for fourteen years. A Systems Analyst, he has been positioned in various capacities, primarily dealing with sales and distribution, as well as the sourcing and implementation of new technologies to further business efficiency. He always had a passion for writing and published his first novel, The Knights Of Galaria: The Crystals Of Power, in 2012. You can visit his website at www.osgill.com.

The Knights of Galaria: The Crystals of Power Tour Page: http://www.pumpupyourbook.com/2013/04/11/pump-up-your-book-presents-the-knights-of-galaria-the-crystals-of-power-virtual-book-publicity-tour/

If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment