I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

6 Feb 2013

Insecure writers support group

In my last Insecure Writers Support group post, I asked if anyone had advice on how to get more reviews. Well I've definitely managed to get more reviews and get on reviewers lists, but it's work. Many long hard hours behind the computer looking for reviewers and mailing them. I received a fantastic mail from a reviewer two nights ago. I hope to see her review soon.

On the plus side, I've made it onto radio a few more times. One woman phoned me afterwards and said she was in tears while listening to my interview. That was a great compliment, and now I have another radio station in my sights and TV.

At least all these compliments keep me going at the moment. I know my book isn't going to win any literary competitions, but it's the message that's important, and the message seems to be making the impact I wanted it to make. Now I just got to get it out there...

In addition to the above, I've also snazzed-up (is that a word) my blog. I've still got a few more things to do and some content to write, but I'm happy with the progress.If anybody has some suggestion on how I can improve the look and feel, please drop it in the comments.

What are others saying? What's trending at the moment in the book industry in order to get a name out there?

For other insecure writers go here http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/p/the-insecure-writers-support-group.html.

If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

7 comments:

  1. Great idea - the insecure writer's group - can I join? Congrats on your book and getting reviews and interviews. I am working on a book now - so I'd love to hear about your marketing plan at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle
    Yes, you can join.
    Just click on the link in the post and read the instructions.
    If I remember correctly, all you have to do is add your link to the post.
    Glad to hear you are working on a book.
    It's tough and exciting times.
    What is your book about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write a book review column for The Examiner, a free online newspaper. You can subscribe to the column and get free email updates at

    http://www.examiner.com/book-review-8-in-panama-city/paula-hrbacek
    If you'd like a review, interview or press release published, contact me through my web page at http://paulahrbacek.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just going to be starting the process of working to get reviews and I can imagine it is indeed a lot of work. Kudos to you for making progress and also for getting on the radio, that's awesome!
    I'm glad to meet you through the IWSG!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Julie.

    If I can give some advice now, get started with the review process as soon as you can.

    The reality is most reviewers are busy, so they don't reply immediately or start reading immediately.

    I've been fortunate and had a few, but for the most part I'm stuck in a queue waiting my turn.

    Also, book reviews don't guarantee sales. I wish they did :(
    Tis a long and hard struggle I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the title, "Insecure Writers Group." But then I've never known a GOOD writer who WASN'T insecure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Indeed. Writers make for fascinating characters in books and movies. Jack Torrance from The Shining, Mort Rainey from Secret Window, Secret Garden, both of which just happen to be Stephen King novels...

    ReplyDelete