I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

31 Jan 2013

The next big thing - Blog hop

It's a blog hop people.
For those that don't know what that is, it's when some bloggers get together and blog about a similar topic and link to each other in a long chain.
I think that's a good enough description.
This blog hop is about find the "next big thing" in the reading world.

Here is my contribution to the hop.

1: What is the working title of your book?
  Through the Crimson Mirror

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
  It's all based on my life and backed up with research from other books and many interviews.

3: What genre does your book fall under?
  Non-fiction, parenting, autobiography, self-help

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
  Johnny Depp

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
  Not everything is what it seems...

6: Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
  Self-published

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
  About 8 months

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
  I've been told it's similar to My Story by Dave Pelzer. I got a copy of My Story but haven't yet started. I'm still trying to finish On the Road by Jack Kerouac

9: Who or What inspired you to write this book?
  The many problems that we seem to be facing today: alcoholism is on the rise, depression is going through the roof, unwanted pregnancies, drug addiction. Many people are suffering from these and other issues and often they stem from similar root causes, and we can change these.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
  My book is unique to many books currently available, as it blends story telling with self-help / parenting advice, and thus appeals to a wider audience.

Before you go, check out the previous hop and author Lynn Thompson
Here is her information
www.lynnthompsonbooks.com
https://www.facebook.com/#!/lynnthompsonbooks
http://lynnthompsonbooks.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/lynnthompson8
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5625793.Lynn_Thompson


If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

9 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel, Thank You for participating in The Next Big Thing with me and I have to say WOW... I know so many people who have issues with some of the problems you've mentioned. People who either don't know how to deal with their issues or unfortunately refuse to believe that they have any! Drug abuse, depression and all of that can really tear up relationships. I would Love to pick up a copy of your book when it comes out, maybe it can help me help some of the people I care about:) Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel, Thank You for participating in The Next Big Thing with me and I have to say WOW... I know so many people who have issues with some of the problems you've mentioned. People who either don't know how to deal with their issues or unfortunately refuse to believe that they have any! Drug abuse, depression and all of that can really tear up relationships. I would Love to pick up a copy of your book when it comes out, maybe it can help me help some of the people I care about:) Maybe.
    Lynn Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniel, Thank You for participating in The Next Big Thing with me and I have to say WOW... I know so many people who have issues with some of the problems you've mentioned. People who either don't know how to deal with their issues or unfortunately refuse to believe that they have any! Drug abuse, depression and all of that can really tear up relationships. I would Love to pick up a copy of your book when it comes out, maybe it can help me help some of the people I care about:) Maybe.



    Lynn Thompson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lynn


    Thanks for the comment.
    I'm getting more and more into this 'world' and yes there are major problems.
    I had a chuckle with a psychologist yesterday.
    It's great for them, because business is booming, but lets face it, it's not what we want in society.
    It's the same as saying crime is good because it provides jobs for lawyers and policemen.


    My book is already out.
    It's on Kindle.
    I haven't yet got paperbacks available in the States though.
    I can mail you a copy if you like.
    Just send me a mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am next on the Next Big Thing and I am getting married next month.

    I hope children come with instruction manuals

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I Big Foot
    I'm sorry I don't recognize the name.


    Unfortunately, children don't come with an instruction manual, hence me doing what I do at the moment.


    Look forward to your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Tis OK. Bigfoot is my nickname.
    http://killmenow.org

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaah.
    I got you now.
    Is it an ironic nickname or an apt nickname?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quite apt due to my size and also my shoe size

    ReplyDelete