I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

2 Jan 2013

Insecure writer's support group

Hello all
And Happy New Years
First post for the new year - 2013...

For those that don't know the Insecure Writer's Support Group is a blog hop that happens on the first Wednesday of the month, where writers blog about, well, their insecurities with regards to writing.
Be sure to check out some of the other posts on the blog hop here http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/p/the-insecure-writers-support-group.html.

So, about what should I write...?
Well I guess one of the things that's bumming me out is finding more people to review my book. I search high and low and mail and mail people, but so far I've only had two reviews by internet reviewers.
The latest one is here http://www.baumanbookreviews.com/2012/12/through-crimson-mirror-by-daniel.html.
Go and check it out.
Does anyone know how to get more reviews?

Happy writing ya'll
Ciao for now


If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

6 comments:

  1. I write a book review column for The Examiner. You can find submission guidelines on http://paulahrbacek.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time with reviews also. I would seem you have to query them like you would a literary agent. Also query the top reviewers on Amazon that fit your genre. I need them as well and am working on getting a list together.

    Paula, I'll check you out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write reviews and post them on my book review blog http://rjmbookreviews.blogspot.com/. I also do author interviews.

    My reviews are posted on B&N,Goodreads,Powell's Books,and mentioned on Twitter and Facebook.

    Amazon and I don't see eye-to-eye, since they removed six-years worth of my reviews. I don't post reviews on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Paula
    Thanks for the message.
    I checked out your site and sent you a mail :)

    Thanks Liss

    Hi Bob
    I checked out your site.
    I'm downloading Ginger now, from an ad on your site :)
    One problem, I can't find any contact details...
    I manged to track you down on Facebook and Twitter.

    Ciao all
    Thanks for the comments

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finding reviewers is tough business. Good luck! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ciara
    Such a nice message.
    well, if you know of any good ones, let me know :)
    And good luck and Happy New Years to you too.
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete