I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

23 Jan 2013

A call to all authors: please help me with Amazon

Hello all

To date, I haven't yet requested a payment from Amazon.
I'm still a 'new' author, so I haven't made any great shakes just yet.
Every month there is a trickle of sales, but no month so far as yielded the magical $100 mark so that I may requests a payment.
It occurred to me now though, that if I add all the months up, the total will be greater than each individual month (no, that's not true, I'm just being dramatic).
I do however want to see what my total total sales are in dollars (or books for that matter), but I can't find that on the Kindle / Amazon website.
As a matter of fact I can't find where to request that a check be sent to me, if I have reached the elusive $100 mark.
I looked in the "Reports" section, and in the third option I can see the sales for each individual month, but barring manually adding it all up together myself  (ya, right, like I'm going to do that), I don't know how to see my total sales, or rather the total owing to me.

Can anybody help me out?

In addition, Through the Crimson Mirror is on sale at the moment, it's only $2.99. You want to buy me, you want to review me.

O, and yes, the bank dollar vault sign does mean I can't get to my dollars! Grrr...
And,for those who want to see where the picture originally came from, you can find it here http://socialsecuritydisability-blog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/DollarSignBankVault.jpg

If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

8 comments:

  1. Daniel, as far as I know Amazon doesn't replicate what CreateSpace gives you--a total of royalties earned. You need to add it up. To contact them about it just click on the Contact Us button down on the bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a good site you can try. Indie Romance Ink has many authors who deal with these issues all the time. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/IndieRomanceInk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you find out the secret, please share!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an interesting set of comments.
    So at least I'm not alone in this.
    You'd think multi-billion dollar company Amazon would that kind of basic functionality.
    Thanks Kayelle, I'll investigate that group and report back if I find anything interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use direct deposit with Amazon KDP (e-books), so the threshold is $10, not $100. However, that $10 must be from one location (US/India OR UK, but not both). It also has to be 60 days from when you reach the threshold. So... If you make $50 in June in the US, $10 in the UK in July, $30 in August in the US and $20 in September in the US, you'll get your $100 check sometime in December. You won't get the $10 from the UK until the UK sales reach $100. As for where to enter your information, there should be a link to your account information somewhere on the top. As I said, this is how KDP works, don't know how it varies for Create Space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the information Casey.
    It is very informative.

    I wish I could do a direct deposit, but I live in South Africa so I don't have a US bank account :(
    If anyone is willing sponsor me one and maybe a few dollars in there (one-million will do) I would be more than gracious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You don't need to request a payment; unless you have put in your bank details(which is a bit of a faff) a cheque is sent out automatically 60 days after your total for each territory reaches 100 (in $ £ or whatever). If you look on your dashboard you have the option to view and download each month's royalty statement, which covers every territory, which will give you an idea of how close you are to the magic 100.
    It's slow to reach that 100, and in some cases impossible. I had two or three sales in Germany, the euros of which I am unlikely to see for a very long time. I get monthly cheques now from UK Amazon but am probably going to get my $ some time this spring, as not only does it need to reach $100, they then add 30% tax to take off before they send it.
    It's not an ideal system but it does get the money to you without needing to ask for it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's both if you're them :) The fact that they pay no interest on all of that money across all of those people probably adds to up to more of cash flow benefit than we can even imagine.

    ReplyDelete