I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

12 Dec 2012

Christmas time toy for me


This is a continuation from yesterday’s post, as it concerns toys and materialism. On Monday—the day the events that inspired my previous post happened—by chance I stumbled into a toy store. Hang on; I said that it was by chance, as if it was just a lucky coincidence. Whom am I kidding; I often peruse toy stores. So, I went for a gander inside this shop, and I found this awesome build-it-yourself, solar powered model kit. You can build six different models with it: a car, a boat etc. I bought it and it has provided hours of fun for me. It’s very cool. And the best thing about it is, it only cost R48, which really is nothing today, and considerably less than the thousands of rands that the various products which are marketed to us cost.
The point I’m making here is, we (children, adults, humanity, all of us) don’t need all these fancy gadgets and whatnot to feel happy. It is possible to find happiness in simple non-expensive items. The value one finds in something has much more to do with what’s going on between one’s ears, as opposed to the item itself. The sad thing is, if parents don’t teach and show that to their children as they are growing up, often, it can take years to come to that conclusion...
Take inventory of what’s really important in your life, and make a conscious decision if you are going to buy the latest material whatever. Materialism isn’t that bad; it’s mindless materialism that’s a killer.

If any of this makes sense, please support me in buying my book.
With depression statistics and the other nasty things in life spiraling, seemingly out of control, I’m trying hard to change it, but I do need to live and I do need support.

(ooh forgot to link to yesterday's post Christmas time pressies and parenting)


If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment