I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

17 Oct 2012

Parenting talk - part 5


My parenting talk based on my book, Through the Crimson Mirror. Final part today.

Link to
Parenting talk - part 1
Parenting talk - part 2
Parenting talk - part 3
Parenting talk - part 4


Many look at me and think I’m young, so what right I have to talk about parenting? In addition, I’m not a parent. So, it’s a fair and valid question. The thing is we all have something to say about parenting, because, for most of us, we were parented. We know what hurt us; we know what formed and shaped us.
I’m sure some of you out there, own your own business. In business and marketing, we learn about customer-oriented business strategies. In other words, determining what the customer wants, what the customer’s needs are? Then we create our products and service to fill those gaps. So, shouldn’t we do the same with our children? Shouldn’t we listen to what they have to say, and then create a plan for parenting based on that?
It may sound like I’m putting all the pressure, of making sure that children learn all the skills that they need to, while growing up, on the parents. To a degree I am. The reason why this all needs to start is home is because we can’t control what others do. We can’t control the school system. We can’t control the peer pressure our children feel, or the drug dealers who like to hang around school. We can’t tell the teachers to teach our children everything and hope that their biases don’t affect the message. We can however, control ourselves. We can sit down with our children and talk to them.
Tony Robins coined the acronym CANI, which stands for “Constant and never ending improvement.” The original concept comes from the Japanese phrase Kaizen. Kai meaning change and zen meaning good. In the past few years, we’ve seen many businesses take off, constant improvements to the internet, hundreds of new industries: cell phones, 3-D TVs, cars that can park themselves and tell you when you driving outside your lane. Now I feel it’s time to improve our parenting.
All of this and much more is the inspiration for my books; to share my experiences and all the lessons I wish I had learned while growing up. Ultimately, to help parents understand a little more of what their children are going through, understand things from their children’s point of view, and give their children a better start to life.
So my question to everyone here is; how many of you really know your children? Do you know who they spoke to today, who their best friend is, for what tests they need to prepare, and probably most importantly of all, how your children are really feeling deep inside? For too long the voice of the child has been suppressed.
Thank you for listening. Does anyone have any questions?



If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment