I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

10 Oct 2012

Interview with Amelia du Plessis

Hello all

Well continuing with our mini blog tour and interviews, I'd like to introduce you to Amelia du Plessis.
She is a freelance writer and editor from Port Elizabeth, South Africa.
Drop Ameila a mail if you ever need something professionally written or edited.

Link to the first interview in the series here, Fred Felton

Q - Two Jews walk into a bar… Finish that joke...
A - their noses swelled terribly, but no one could tell  (I'm sticking to my day job)

Q - How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
A - Woodchucks don’t chuck wood. This question is irrelevant.

Q - If you were a boy, what would you want your name to be?
A - Hudson. Only cool boys are called Hudson.

Q - Have the police ever caught you doing something slightly illegal?
A - Hitchhiking, and they picked me up and took me to where I was going. I even got to sit in the front and press the siren button.

Q - What do you do for a living?
A - I am a freelance writer – mainly online content, but a bit of biography work on the side.

Q - What book are you currently reading?
A - Gary Larson – The Prehistory of the Far Side

Q - What's the first thing you did this morning?
A - I’d forgotten my electric blanket on so I woke up leaping out of the white-hot bed (ok, it was just uncomfortably warm) to switch it off.

Q - If you were a kettle, what color would you be?
A - I would never be a kettle. This question is irrelevant. Eau de Nile.

Q - Color or colour?
A - COLOUR, COLOUR, for the love of all things NOT American, it’s COLOUR.

Q - If you could marry a celebrity today, who would it be and why?
A - Johnny Depp, because he makes me purr.

Q - When you were growing up, what did you want to be?
A - A vet.

Q - If you could go back in time and stop an invention from being invented, what would it be?
A - The television.

Q - Who or what inspires you?
A - D├ęcor, colours, textiles, nature.

Q - If you could change one thing about your body, what would you change?
A - The outside.

Q - What is your best quality?
A - I’m considerate. 

Q - Have you ever had fantasies of dressing up like a man?
A - Nope.

Q - What is your favorite workout activity?
A - Step class. I may be addicted.

Q - If you could have any car in the world, what would it be?
A - A big black one.

Q - Evolution or creation?
A - Creation. There are far too many idiots around to believe that we evolved to this.

Q - Did you read the entertainment phenomenon that was Harry Potter? If so, what did you think? If not, what's wrong with you…
A - No, I hate fantasy reading (including magic, vampires, zombies...

Q - If you could meet the president today, what would you tell him?
A - I can’t think of anyone I’d be less inspired to meet.

Q - Do you think there is life on other planets? If so describe it…
A - No

Q - If someone gave you one-million rand today, what would you do?
A - Buy a house, so I can finally stop paying rent.

Q - When last did you dance in the rain?
A - Never, my hair frizzes and no-one likes a girl with frizzy hair.

Q - What makes you unique?
A - Erm, me? I make me unique. I’m eccentric, and attract a motley crew of other eccentrics, about whom my normal friends delight in hearing.

Q - What is the silliest celebrity baby name you have ever heard?
A - Moon Unit Zappa

Q - If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
A - Invisibility.

Q - Who is the weirdest person you ever had a crush on?
A - Rik Mayall

Q - What's the best thing about having a partner (an old partner or a current one if you have)?
A - Cuddles whenever I feel like it.

Q - Do you still have plush toys? :D
A - Well, I have 3 antique teddies, which I keep in my cupboard. Every now and then, my maid feels the need to display them, so I come home to this trio on my desk or bed. What would the neighbours think?? 

Q - If an alien spaceship landed at your house, what would you say to the aliens inside?
A - Please stay off the lawn.

Q - Have you ever played with your own boobs? If so, can you send pictures?
A - WTH?!

Check out Amelia on her web site www.voxate.co.za
Or on her Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/VoxateWritingEditing?fref=ts
Or go check out a book that she authored www.lovecelebration.co.za.

Link to the first interview in the series here, Fred Felton
If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

0 comments:

Post a Comment