I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

3 Oct 2012

Book sales have peaked

I don't know if I'm doing this right, as this is my first post for the blog hop, Insecure Writer's support group.
I don't actually do much on the net, so I don't know all of these things...
And I used to be a web programmer.
Anyway, I guess I got to write something about writing and selling books and what not.
Things aren't going great at the moment.
Sales in the past few weeks haven't been great.
I've concentrated on selling print books, although my book is out on Kindle, and up to a few weeks ago, things were going great.
Every week I sold more than just a few books, but lately, almost nothing.
I spoke to a friend and he says he's also in a bit of a dry spell, on the internet side.
So maybe it's just that time of year.
Who knows...
I do hope things pick up soon though.
It's getting close to Christmas, and it would be a great Christmas present to myself, if I could say, "Hey, sales are going great. Well done this year. I make me proud."
How are things going for others out there?


If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the IWSG! The link went to your old site, so I'll fix it to come to this one.
    Sales ebb and flow. Mine soar at the strangest times. Just stay active online. It will turn around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sales are a finicky thing and hard to predict. Just know you're not the only one wondering. My sales have been down and I've heard others say the same. Hopefully things will pick up for everyone once the holiday buying season starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alex
    Aaah, thanks for picking up on that...
    When I first signed up on your site, I was using that URL.
    Thanks for fixing it :)
    Much appreciated.
    Thanks for the comments as well.
    Ya, one does not feel too great, when sales drop.
    Bad times.
    Hopefully, things turn around before Christmas.

    Hi Patricia
    Well at least we are all in the same boat.
    It's nice to know there are others out there with me.
    Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete