I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

17 Oct 2012

A sad, sad Halloween

Of all the greeting-card-holidays in the world, I wish we had Halloween when I was small.

You see, I live in South Africa, and when I was small, Halloween wasn't a big thing at all. We only knew about it because it's on American TV and we don't really have a TV industry here (go America; you have your problems, but you still kicking ass!).

Slowly, we are starting to adopt Halloween. However, things are a little different here. Well certainly now days they are. It's not really safe letting your children go trick or treating these days. Real "gangsters" might snatch your little nunu in the dark of night. And the best thing is, if we did adopt Halloween in all it's splendor, they'd blend in quite nicely with the ghouls, goblins and other assorted nasties of the night. I'm exaggerating a little of course, but truth be told it wouldn't be wise.

Maybe one day, in your town, in your suburb, you'll see some thirty or forty something old man, dressed head to toe trick or treating. If so, you'll know it's me.
Come and say "Hi" and give me some candy!

And yes, for those wondering, I am jealous of all the children who are going to be trick or treating in a few weeks time. I hope your candy is rotten and your teeth fall out :)
Haha trick.
It's my first one :)



If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

2 comments:

  1. LOL this was cute! Wow South Africa, I didn't know you lived that far way, Daniel...how neat though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Admin.
    I appreciate the comment.
    Ya, South Africa, far, far, far away... :(

    ReplyDelete