I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

14 Sep 2012

Let's clear something up

As some of your will no doubt have noticed, my blog is about parenting from a child’s point of view (it’s in the title at the top). However, in the last few posts I haven’t really mentioned parenting at all. I’ve been talking about the mind (What is the mind - part 3) and marketing (Marketing is destroying the world), and other societal issues. There is a rather circuitous reason for that. We cannot continue to parenting children without a firm grasp of the mind, in today’s very sophisticated society.

We are no longer cave dwellers, beating our wives over the head, running around the bush with a loincloth wrapped around our bodies. Both our external and internal environments have changed. Our external environments are the towns and cities in which we live. We have rules and laws. We have dividing lines for properties and places where we can and can’t walk, and in fact, times when we can and can’t walk: you can only cross the street when the light is green.

Internally we have changed tremendously. Our emotions are a lot more in-depth than they used to be. One must plan for the future and deal with the past, all of which places strain on our emotions. Our intelligence too has changed. We no longer need to build snares and spears. Rather we must know how to navigate a road filled with cars. I think what changed most of all is thought is communication. In both the volume and the way we communicate things are very different to what they used to be.

Without getting more in-depth on these topics (because I wrote an entire chapter on communication in my book), I just wanted to clear that up.


If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

3 comments:

  1. I still think that the Poster of The Evolution Of Man will go into reverse mode...our speech will revert back to grunts and squeaks - I mean already in gangster-speak it's all "Yoh", "Hey", etc. And in some parts of the so-called "English-speaking world" the teens and youngsters have shortened words in their speech.
    In the written speech, there is this unintelligible written communication-type of shorthand (I don't know how else to describe it)...that rears its ugly head on FaceBook and other networking sites. It drives me crazy!
    And as for the posture part of The Evolution Of Man...us humans are developing ever-increasing stooped positions as we crouch over our cellphones, laptops and other fancy devices.
    It won't be long before we'll be back to dragging our knuckles on the ground!
    And communication and relationships - if not handled correctly - will be the victims.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, Debi. Text speak makes me crazed! (I understand the need for it on abbreviated mediums like Twitter and texting, but ugh.)

      Delete