I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

20 Sep 2012

Indie author interview - JC Martin

Well it's time for another author interview.
If there are any authors out there who want me to interview them, drop me a mail on my contacts page.
Today I'm chatting to JC Martin about her book Oracle
  1. You are a martial arts instructor. Have you ever had to use your martial arts training outside the dojo?

    Thankfully, I’ve never had to use it in a serious situation. I have, however, lashed out reflexively when a friend who saw me in town thought it was a good idea to try and scare me by grabbing me from behind. Let’s just say he’s learned his lesson.

  2. In your book, you reference the Olympic Games. Is there any reason or significance behind that?

    Yes, there are constant references to Greek mythology and the history of the ancient Olympics—but you’ll have to read the book to find out why!

  3. Who is your martial arts hero and why?

    Ip Man, Grandmaster of my martial art, Wing Chun. He taught Bruce Lee, and taught and trained well into old age. Jet Li and Jackie Chan are close seconds.

  4. Congratulations on being pregnant. How swollen are your feet?

    My feet are not my biggest gripe, so not that swollen—yet? I’m more upset about no longer being able to touch my toes.

  5. If you could go back in time and stop one person from being born, who would it be?

    That’s such a mean question! I’m going to for whoever invented money. It’s been the cause of much hardship and suffering. What was wrong with the barter system, anyway?

  6. What is the silliest celebrity baby name you have ever heard? Have you thought of any names for your baby?

    It’s a four-way tie between all four of celebrity chef Jamie Oliver’s children: Poppy Honey Rosie, Daisy Boo Pamela, Petal Blossom Rainbow, and Buddy Bear Maurice. Poor kids! Hubby and I have yet to agree on a name for Baby Martin yet. It’s a tough one, considering we’re looking for a name that is also meaningful in Chinese. So we’re consulting my dad for that.

  7. What inspired you to write about terrorism?

    I didn’t set out to write about terrorism, but the idea just came about when I neared the end of the story. I wanted to convey the idea that terrorism doesn’t have to be the work of an organised group of militants, but can originate from the twisted mind of just one madman.

  8. What does your family think about your writing?

    They have been very supportive. I suppose they see it as a big non-financial achievement. My mom’s a big crime fiction fan anyway so I’m hoping she enjoys the story. She’s also been getting all her friends to buy my book.

  9. Tell me one interesting thing that happens in your book.

    Must I? How about this: as Detective Lancer races against time to try and find the killer behind the City’s bizarre series of murders before the start of the Olympics, he realises that both the killer and his next victim could both be people closest to him.

J.C. is a thirty year old woman. She was originally from Malaysia and now lives in London with her husband. She has three, in her own words, "girly" toy dogs: a Chihuahua, a Pomeranian, and a cross between the two.

Oracle is her debut novel. It is is a crime thriller set in London in the lead-up to the Olympic Games. It was released July 30th to coincide with London 2012. A serial killer mystery with references to Greek mythology and the history of the Games, the one controversial thing I can think of is that the climax deals with a terrorist attack at the Olympic Opening Ceremony. Check it out on Amazon.
Read more about J.C. on her website.
If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for having me on your blog, Daniel! I enjoyed answering those very different and entertaining questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a pleasure JC.
    I like your answers, so it's all good on my side.
    Tell all your friends :)
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. J.C., you were right, these aren't the usual questions. I really enjoyed reading your answers!

    Daniel, keep up the good work!

    Jai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jai
    I appreciate that.
    If you know of any other authors, send them my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this interview. Certainly some different questions from the norm :-) Great job JC and Daniel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting, Jai and Angela! :)

    ReplyDelete