I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life how to better understand their children.

17 Sep 2012

Burn the Floor

For a while, I’ve been meaning to write this. I just can’t seem to find the time. It seems these days I do most of my writing on weekends while out and about, as was evident in my post Easier to write at home or in public?. As I alluded in another post Gambling - Part 1, a school gave me some movie tickets for a talk I did on parenting, and I’m redeeming one of those today. So, I’m out and about at the moment, after attending a World Literacy Day event at the Indian Consulate (I sat next to the Consulate General. Apparently, "Howzit" is not an appropriate salutation for people of such distinction... My bad G...), waiting at a restaurant for my movie to start (Total Recall). Anyway the point of that rather circuitous introduction is to say that I wanted to write about the dance extravaganza Burn the Floor. I am very blessed and a now friend (you know who you are – thank you) invited me to attend.

Burn the Floor is an absolute feast for the eyes and soul. You cannot believe just how incredible these dancers are: the precise beauty with which they move the inspired and creative choreography. There is something majestic and sexy in the way dancers move. It’s like a 1950’s style black and white movie courtship. There is no "wham, bam, thank you maam," it’s a process, a wooing. I envy people who can dance like that, who have the freedom and courage to do it. Maybe it’s because inside I feel like a dancer. I used to love dance class. My life is just too tempestuous now, both time and money wise, to continue. Excuses, excuses, I know.

All in all Burn the Floor is indescribably amazing (haha). If they came to your city, do yourself a favor and go see them.

I think what this post really demonstrates is what happens when they bring your food half way through writing something, and you forget everything that was inside your head. Then write total garbage! I’m sorry :)


If you enjoyed this article please hit the share buttons, or check out some of the related articles in the column on the right. And visit us again.

I show concerned parents who want to give their children the best start to life
how to better understand their children.
And I show people who are facing difficulties that they are not alone

4 comments:

  1. I believe the expression "A feast for the soul" was used! What an unbelievable treat that was! I guess dance schools will always be out there...so "one day...!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day indeed.
    But it saddens me now...
    Can't I just find R50k on the floor.
    It would make my life so much easier...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha...you and me both! However, I try to placate myself by saying that money doesn't always make you happy! And I can always just do my own version of "Burn the Floor" in the kitchen where no-one's watching except the furkidz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is true.
    Money might not make you happy, however it is required in our capitalist economy. If only we could process grass like cows, then we would be free :)

    ReplyDelete